this is helio's first extra-oral adventure!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
yesterday was helio's four week birthday. he seems so much bigger than he did a month ago. a lot has happened since then. It seems just like yesterday though. here's a list of some of our post one month observations and realizations:
- when sleep deprived you can't remember your observations...
- oh, right...
- your own baby IS the cutest baby, ever
- during the first week home, whenever you close your eyes you hear crying, especially when the baby is sleeping
- not only is there projectile spit-up, there's projectile poop
- family members only take pictures of themselves with the baby
- your baby is part pterodactyl
- after one month the daily poop report gets less fun
- you forget your spouse's name and just call her mommy or him daddy
- babies make lots of weird noises when they sleep
- hospital food is really bad
- you quickly trade your anti-pacifier ideals in favor of a quiet and happy baby
- the sound of a binky popping out gets you up seconds before the baby cries
- eating is no longer leisurely
- worrying becomes second nature
- the baby straight-jacket is the baby's most worn article of clothing
- nothing really prepares you for being a new parent
- its hard to imagine life without your baby
Posted by kava at 7:43 PM